How To Become Biotech Engineer? What is Biotechnology?
You will also know what is biotechnology? That is a branch of science includes both biology and technology and needy chemicals are prepared by using living organisms. Which are used in factories. If you are also interested in this subject and you want to become a bio tech engineer, then you will get all the information related to it in this article.
So first of all know what is Biotech Engineering? Biotech is a field of biotechnology, engineering, biology and chemical engineering principals. In which study and research is done using living things in areas like engineering, technology, medicine. So that development can be done in this field. This course includes chemistry, genetics, biochemistry and microbiology in addition to engineering.
Now it is also important to know what does a biotech engineer do? Biotechnology, BioTech Engineer, works in the fields of Animal Husbandry, Medicine, Agriculture, Genetic Engineering, Healthcare, Environmental Conservative, Research and Development based on specialization done at graduation and post graduation level. And forms part of new innovations and development. Let us now know what is the eligibility criterion for doing biotech engineering?
For doing bio tech engineering, one must pass 10 + 2 education, PCB physics physics, chemistry, biology, subject. In many colleges, mathematics subject is considered compulsory for admission. Bio tech
Academy of Biotech Engineering Criteria is Divided into Three Courses
- The first is diploma course: These are polytechnic diploma courses which are 3 years old and can be done after 10th and 12th standard.
- The second is undergraduate courses: B.Tech. Who are 4 years old and can be done after 12th standard.
- Number three is post graduate courses: M.Tech, they are 2 years old and can be done after graduation. Post Graduation degree in Biotechnology Engineering can be obtained only when graduation is also done from Biotech Engineering. Apart from these, PhD can also be done to search in this field.
Specialization of Bio Tech Engineering
Genetics, Ecology, Virology, Fisheries, Immunology, Microbiology, Biophysics, Biochemistry, Bio Statistics, Pharmacology, Molecular Biology, Animal Husbandry.
How to get admission in Bio Tech Engineering?
You must pass the entrance exam for admission to the undergraduate and postgraduate courses of Biotech Engineering. Which also happens at national level, state level and university level. Graduation Level B.Tech and B.E have some special entrance exams. Such as JEE Mains, VIT EEE, while the post graduation level courses like M.Tech, M.E, have to pass the GATE exam for admission. Now we know that some of the best colleges for Bio Tech Engineering course.
Bio Tech Engineering Colleges
- Indian Institute of Technology, Roorkee
- Indian Institute of Technology, Guwahati
- Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi
- Amity Institute of Technology, Noida
- School of Biotechnology, Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi
- NIIT University, Neemrana
- Manipal Institute of Technology. Manipal
- Hindustan Institute of Technology and Science, Chennai
What Skills Should A Biotech Engineer Have?
While in this field, it is very important to have complex problem skills, analytical skills, innovative thinking skills and community skills. Apart from this, if you learn the techniques well, then you can have a better and better job. And these techniques are tissue culture, western blot, flow cytometry, molecular cloning.
Now let us tell you which jobs will open for you after doing bio tech engineering? After doing this, many pharmaceutical companies hire government and private research labs, analysis laboratories, clinical research, agriculture research, biotech engineers in all these.
Read More: Work Of An Economist